Day 3 Check In

     Oooookie day. That hurt. A lot. On Wednesday, the dentist took out the two teeth farthest in the back on the bottom right. That actually went fairly well. The numbing stuff worked instantly, the teeth came out pretty easily. And the pain wasn't intolerable. I should have known it couldn't last.

     Yesterday was not quite so nice and easy. She took out the back two on the top on the right. The first one was mostly ok. It was almost down to nothing in my mouth so she had to wiggle and push to get a purchase point on it. But it came out. However....the next one was an asshole. The root was SUPER long. She had to wiggle and pull and twist. Apply MORE of the numby stuff. Wiggle, pull, twist. Numby stuff. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. You get the picture. She had to put so much numby stuff in my mouth that she couldn't put any more. And towards the end of pulling the roots out of my eyeball (or so it seemed) the numby stuff just wasn't enough. Man, that fucking HURT!

     The upside? Those teeth are out of my mouth AAAAAAND.....She let me take a picture of the asshole tooth!! Wanna see? Good. :)

For perspective, keep in mind that her hand is normal adult sized. That tooth was GIGANTIC. There wasn't a whole lot of it left on the surface so most of what you see came from within my gums....Pull, twist, yank. UGH! But I am pretty impressed. And a little scared of the rest of my teeth! 


I also got to take a picture of what my X-rays looked like before she started yanking teeth. I'll try to keep updating it so you guys can see what teeth have or will be coming out. 



This is my mouth. :-( In the x-ray, it's reversed. So the left side of the X-ray is the right side of my mouth. Anything that isn't super white is cavity. So, essentially, I have 2 teeth that aren't completely encompassed in cavity.

Day 1: Extracted 2 teeth on the bottom right side of my teeth. The next remaining tooth in that line is my canine, I believe. On Day 2: We removed the 2 farthest back on the top right. The first one was almost completely gone so she had to dig for it and you can barely see it on the x-ray. The second tooth was the really ginormous one. 

Everything last night was mostly ok. She gave me some "breakthrough meds" to help when just Tylenol wouldn't do the trick. Generally speaking, a person should be taking Ibuprofen for an extracted tooth because it has anti-inflammatory properties. That's why it's called an "NSAID". NSAID stands for Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug. I'm not supposed to take any NSAIDS because I have Lupus Nephritis. Lupus Neprhitis means that I have Lupus and it effected my kidneys. Because NSAIDS filter through your kidneys and not your liver, I can not take NSAIDS. I promise, I cried when I found out. But I digress.

I had my appointment at 3 yesterday and by 7, my mouth was super duper sore. I finally got to eat around midnight. It was a little rough, but conquerable. And I was SOOOOOOOOOO hungry!! So I ate some tuna noodle casserole and some applesauce. Then I was just tired of struggling to eat. 

So I woke up this morning and my face hurts so bad, I want to cry. But if there's one thing I've learned from ALL of my toothaches it's this: Whenever your mouth, ear, or sinuses is inflamed and angry, crying only fills your sinuses with snot making everything hurt worse. So, I put a really cold can of soda on my cheek, took some tylenol, and we'll see what happens. So far? Not a freaking thing has helped. Dammit. 

My brain is kinda foggy from the pain and the lupus. SLE patients often suffer what's known as "brain fog." It's kind of like walking through thick cotton. Or that Halloween fake spider web stuff. OH! Anybody see Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark? In the beginning before he runs from the huge boulder, he walks through some thick spider webs and he and his guide get covered in huge tarantula looking things? Ok, brain fog is kind of like walking through that spider web, only in your brain and it doesn't seem to end. I have to concentrate super duper hard to make anything go in a straight line in my head. Add in the pain in my mouth and it seems impossible. Every time you think you've got the right line all straightened out, my not-tooth starts to throb and I forget the whole damn thing and have to start over. This is beyond frustrating.

So that's my day 3 check in. I may try to take a nap and see how I feel after that. :) 

Also, be sure to go to my facebook blog page and hit like! Share!  https://www.facebook.com/IamNOTmyLupus/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outline of topics and blogs to discuss from Europe

The Secret Cure For Lupus.....Supposedly....