Day 1 of the Dental Journey! (Pictures of mouth included. Perhaps the first pictures of my teeth in almost 10 years!!)

Hello!

I am now roughly 3 hours away from beginning my dental journey. I am so nervous right now I don't even want to go!! I'm scared about how much this is going to hurt. My teeth are in such bad shape that I'm scared about how much they're going to have to do to get them out. Oral surgery? Cut my gums? EEP!!! I pretty much wish that it could just be done. Just have my damned dentures already!

I actually facebooked about getting my teeth fixed. I decided that I could be brave and open about how bad my teeth are and maybe draw awareness to the link between lupus and tooth decay. Maybe help 1 person not feel as self conscious about their teeth. Other people have to live like that too. You are not alone. I am not alone. I'm still trying to be brave enough to take pictures of the journey. I think I should weigh myself now and see how much weight I lose between now and the time I get my dentures!

Well, I felt brave and I took pictures of my mouth. Something I have not allowed in many many many years.
 Front Facing. Forgive the strange squishy face (only way to get pictures of the teeth. :-P 

This is actually the left side of my face, being that iPhones take mirror images with the selfie camera. 
And this is the right side of my face. I guess today is the day that the bottom teeth on this side are going first. Like, today first. 3 hours from now first. Oh hell. 

Ok. Well now that I'm not feeling so brave anymore, I think I'll sign off and let you all know how it goes! Wish me luck! Day 1 of the dental journey!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outline of topics and blogs to discuss from Europe

The Secret Cure For Lupus.....Supposedly....

Day 3 Check In