Dental Journey Day 2.... My Face Hurts...

"My face hurts."
"It's killing me!! BWAHAHAHA!!"

This is my family...

So, I got 2 teeth pulled yesterday. I was super nervous while I was waiting. I just had to keep reminding myself that this was a necessity. This was important to my overall health. This was the first step in my journey to a pain free and beautiful mouth. (Which makes me think of the dirty line, "You sure do got a purrty mouth..")  I just kept reminding myself that I'm doing the right thing. Posting all of this stuff on Facebook has been pretty helpful. I have people giving me such kind words of encouragement.

I asked my dentist yesterday to tell me something, even if it means lying to me. I looked at her and asked her to tell me that my teeth are in such a condition that getting this done is just as important as going to my Nephrologist (Kidney doctor) or my Rheumatologist (Main Lupus guy) or my Pulmonologist (Lung Doctor) when I had Histoplasmosis. She let me know that she didn't need to lie to me. Her previous job had been as an on-call dentist to an Emergency Room in a different city. The infection in my mouth could spread quite quickly and could cause negative effects, such as closing my airway, spreading to my brain or my blood. Her telling me all of this made me feel so much more comfortable about her taking out my teeth. And she did such a phenomenal job.

I have never in my life had such a painless stabbing in my gums. Normally, when you go to get dental work done, the anesthetic is the most painful part. Not  yesterday!! My boyfriend told me a trick he learned from his dentist. Don't look. Breathe. Don't move. It totally worked!

Either way, off to get some more teeth pulled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outline of topics and blogs to discuss from Europe

The Secret Cure For Lupus.....Supposedly....

Day 3 Check In